Why and on what basis do we process your data?
Your personal data will be processed to generate an answer to the complaint You have submitted to EuroPark sp. zo.o. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Polish GDPR act (RODO, art. 6 par. 1 lit. f) where the legitimate interest is to process and answer Your complaint. Providing data is not mandatory, but it is necessary to process submitted penalty claim complaint.
EuroPark will transfer your personal data to other recipients authorised to process personal data on behalf of and for EuroPark sp. z o.o. In addition, EuroPark will reveal your personal data to other third-party recipients, if such an obligation results from the law.
Your data will not be transferred to third countries and international organizations.
How long will we process your data?
Your personal data will be processed for the duration of complaint processing as well as for archiving purposes, however, not longer than 5 years from the end of the calendar year when contract has expired.
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- access your personal data and obtain copies of personal data subject to processing;
- correct your incorrect data;
- request deletion of data (right to be forgotten) in case of circumstances stipulated in RODO art. 17;
- request to limit the data processing in the cases specified in RODO art. 18;
- raise objections to the data processing in the cases specified in RODO art. 21;
- transfer the data supplied, processed in an automated manner.
If you feel that your personal data is being processed unlawfully, you can file a complaint to supervisory body (UODO, 2 Stawki Street, Warsaw).
If you wish to receive additional information related to the personal data protection or you want to exercise your rights, contact us:
Data Protection Supervisor, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"EuroPark spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością" company headquarters: Warsaw 00-613 at 8 Tytusa Chałubińskiego st. (hereinafter: EuroPark)